“Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi is the official novel to be read by every JAMB candidate in the 2019 UTME, irrespective of the course you intend to study. We will therefore be embarking on Exam Revision to study this novel by giving summaries, possible questions and important information that would help you pass every single question set by JAMB from this novel. Please always check this publication for new updates on this revision class.
Every candidate registering for 2019 UTME is entitled to this novel, “Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi, so ensure you demand for it at the centre where you are registering for UTME. It is compulsory, and it is your right to have it.
Here is some basic information from the novel;
Author of Sweet 16: Bolaji Abdullahi
Genre: The Genre of Sweet Sixteen is Fiction
Number of Pages: Pages is Sweet Sixteen: 53
Publication Year: Sweet sixteen was published on February 1, 2017
Short Desciption: Aliya has to constantly remind her father that she is not a child but ‘a young adult.’ He does not always agree with her.
But now that she is turning sixteen, he is sitting up and taking notice. The expected birthday card from him is replaced by a present and no holds barred letter – a page for each year she has lived.
It chronicles the lessons he has tried to teach her and the wisdom he has attempted to pass to her. It unburdens the burning questions she has about life and sometimes shows through the cluelessness of parental units.
Aliya questions who she is and why she is; with her father as a guide on this journey of discovery. An engaging coming of age guide on life and love for the teenage girl.
Before we really get started, Have you already finished reading the novel? We believe it should take you up to 5 days to thoroughly complete this novel, so we’re throwing the flow open for those who have already finished the novel. How would you summarize what you understand from the book so far?
MORE LIKELY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FROM SWEET SIXTEEN
1. What was the introductory statement on Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER=”How time flies”
2. What is the title of Aliyas 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= ”Letter to my daughter”
3. What was so special about Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= It had 16 pages and each page for each year of her life.
4. What surprised Aliya about her 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= She thought her dad copied Maya Angelou work with the title “letter to my daughter”, but was surprised to see her dad copied only the title and wrote the letter in his words.
5. What was the title of Aliya’s 12th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= Happy birthday my first lady, remember only God is greater than you.
6. Who is the protagonist in the book sweet sixteen?
CORRECT ANSWER= Aliya
7. In the department of rascality and smartness who was the gold medallist?
CORRECT ANSWER= Akin.
8. To Aliya what is the meaning of being dumb?
CORRECT ANSWER= Not being intelligent.
9. What is the title of chapter one of sweet sixteen?
CORRECT ANSWER= the letter.
10. What is Aliya’s mother profession?
CORRECT ANSWER= Nursing.
11. What is the name of Aliya’s father?
CORRECT ANSWER= Mr. Bello
12. To Aliya being called a child is the same thing as?
CORRECT ANSWER= Stupid.
13. At the birth of Aliya what was he father’s profession?
CORRECT ANSWER= Journalism.
14. The only thing Aliya’s father thought was worth celebrating was?
CORRECT ANSWER= Achievements not birthday.
15. The name of the writer of sweet sixteen is?
CORRECT ANSWER= Bolaji Abdullahi.
16. What name disgusted Aliya most?
CORRECT ANSWER= you could call her chubby, plump but not fat.
17. At What age did Aliya start wearing bra?
CORRECT ANSWER= at the age of ten.
18. At what age did Aliya get into secondary school?
CORRECT ANSWER= 12
19. What was Aliyas perception about her roommate Grace?
CORRECT ANSWER= She was a nice and generous person.
20. What was the proof that Aliya was serious in her chemistry for the term?
CORRECT ANSWER= It reflected in her continuous Assessment and she made an A at the end of the term.
21. What kind of girls did Mr. Bello say boys like?
CORRECT ANSWER= Dumb girls
22. According to sweet sixteen what is the main aim of chess game?
CORRECT ANSWER= to capture opponents king.
23. Why did Aliya not return Tokunbos teddy bear which he gave her on Valentine’s Day?
CORRECT ANSWER= She thought she won’t do that without hurting him.
24. Aliya’s religion was?
CORRECT ANSWER= Islamic religion.
25. What was Aliya’s sixteenth birthday present?
CORRECT ANSWER= A portable digital Camera.
26. What was Aliya doing when grace returned from the bathroom on Aliya 16th birthday?
CORRECT ANSWER= Dressing her bed.
27. What are the definitions Mr. Bello give as the meaning of dumb girls?
CORRECT ANSWER= A girl who needs to live up to people’s expectation
28. What statement does Aliya father make to end discussions during visiting days?
CORRECT ANSWER= ”By the way do you still have your inhalers”
29. What sickness was Aliya suffering from?
CORRECT ANSWER= Asthma.
30. What advice did Aliya’s father give to her when she asked if she could return the teddy to bobo.
CORRECT ANSWER= “Well is a decision you have to make for yourself”.
31. Mention two incidence that stopped Aliya from returning Bobo’s teddy to him?
CORRECT ANSWER= the duty master approaching them in their mode of discussion and secondly tokunbo travelling to Ireland.
32. What is Bobo’s real name?
CORRECT ANSWER= Tokunbo.
33. She felt she could be charged for the number of words she spoke who is this?
CORRECT ANSWER= Grace.
34. Apart from Public relations job another occupation considered by Aliya’s mother for her father is?
CORRECT ANSWER= Stand-up Comedy
35. Who is the king of boys according to the novel?
CORRECT ANSWER= Akin.
36. What did Aliya’s friends tell her about having male siblings?
CORRECT ANSWER= they are annoying.
37. What was the name of Aliya’s mathematics teacher?
CORRECT ANSWER= Miss Salako.
38. “Must you always be a jerk, she asked menacingly” who was this statement referring to and why?
CORRECT ANSWER= To Akin because he pronounced mensuration as menstruation which made the whole class burst into laughter.
39. What was people’s perception about Grace?
CORRECT ANSWER= People thought she was a snob because she did not like talking.
40. Aliya’s birthday gift while in school was mostly given to her by?
CORRECT ANSWER= the principal.
41. What was written on the teddy bears heart shaped embossment given to Aliya by Tokunbo?
CORRECT ANSWER= I love you.
42. To perform well in the terminal examination what did Aliya plan to do?
CORRECT ANSWER= to improve her correct answering speed by taking off five minutes allowed to each question.
43. At primary school, Aliya’s father was working with a?
CORRECT ANSWER=Public Relations Agency.